Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Detail #6: Split dechticaetiativity

In this constructed language sketch, certain pronouns and nouns follow a dechticaetiative pattern while some follow a normal accusative-dative pattern.

Pronouns that would follow the dechticaetiative pattern could include reflexive pronouns and 1st and 2nd person pronouns in general. This way, reflexive pronouns would only be distinct from normal third person pronouns by the presence of a different case and slightly different morphosyntax in certain situations.

Since it's late in the evening, and this idea occurred to me just now,  I figured I might just as well jot this down and elaborate on what this means and how it could work in later posts. For the readers that do not know what dechicaetiative is, I guess I will explain that in the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment