Monday, March 16, 2015

Thoughts: Contributions

I have been debating whether to start accepting contributions now, for a while. In part, coming up with material for this blog does take some mental effort. However, even though at times I write sloppily and in unclear manners - a thing a close friend keeps reminding me every now and then - I am a bit suspicious about the quality of ideas I would get.

Obviously, I would not post conlang parody material, unless it was on par with Moundsbar and the like. Such material I would ask people to submit to badconlangingideas instead. And finally, I feel like I should probably retain quite some editorial freedom over contributions - adding ideas to them, making my own decision as to what interpretation of slightly ambiguous descriptions I'd go for, etc.

Maybe I should post the whole thing and add my own comments. I am not sure I will proceed with this idea, but putting it out there seems the thing to do. Comments are welcome.

EDIT: Yeah, what the heck. For now, a contribution-address will only be present in this post, later I might add one to the main layout. For now, mailing miekko at gmail com with the subject line 'contribution: [insert snappy topic]' will suffice.


1 comment:

  1. I would very much enjoy being able to submit things to this blog. Any comments you wanted to add to my content, inline or at the end, would be perfectly welcome.

    ReplyDelete